Movestrong, Blogstrong

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Juggling with chainsaws




A friend and I were talking about all the things we each had on the go, and the level of importance of those projects. We laughed at how much higher the stakes get as you get older.
You start off juggling a couple of balls, and then a third, and then the bowling balls, and then the flaming ones and then chainsaws, and then sharks with laser beams attached to their heads.


I also had the pleasure of meeting the director of the new camp & community centre at what used to be the JCC Valey.
It's called Adventure Valley , and is a fantastic place to check out for your kids in T.O. I spent many an August day back in the day at the Valley, and it's really cool to see something fantastic back there again.

Memories of 1992
DVD Recomendation
Out having the busy Saturday- (Home Depot, Bed Bath and Beyond- I don't know if we'll have enough time!) and got U2 Zoo TV- Live from Sydney.
I saw this show as Exhibition Stadium back in high school, and will admit that didn't fully appreciate it at the time. This time when I watch it, I don't have to sit around and listen to "Primus" and "The Disposable Sounds of Hippopracy" open up first (7:00 on the ticket does not mean 7:00!)
This was the tour following the tremendous Achtung Baby album, and is an elaborately-staged, multimedia concert tour. This is the beginning of Bono's "Fly" personna, when the theme was about media overexposure and the stage is a travelling megalyth to that.
The concert and production and stage create a story and is very theatrical at times, so at times it's very reminiscent of the stage version of Pink Floyd's Wall. At other times the delivery is more stripped down to the band and the crowd.
It is also a video record of, in my opinion the highpoint of U2s musical career. All That You Cant Leave behind, and Atomic bombs are good albums, but aren't close to Joshua Tree, Rattle and Hum and Actung.
They first did an arena tour of this show in the spring that year, and I sat on the phone all morning trying to get through to Ticketmaster for tickets, but to no end :(. I should add that one to my list from Cheaty Monkey's Thursday Thirteen from a few weeks back of Concerts I still regretting not going to.
I also wish there were an easy way to convert DVDs into audio tracks that I could put on my ipod. Especially for music DVDs.

1 Comments:

  • I swear I commented on this post!!! Well, I definitely read it. That camp sounds fab! I feel overwhelmed with all the things I have on the go, too. Can hardly find the time to get everything done. Can hardly find the time to answer phone calls and emails. Brutal!

    By Blogger Blog, at 11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home