Movestrong, Blogstrong

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

They're selling postcards of the hanging, but didn't play that one

Yesterday was Bob Day!!
For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, it was the Bob Dylan concert at the ACC here in Toronto.
This was Bob show number 8 or 9 for me, and it was a good one.

I need to get out to more concerts. They're so much fun. Somthing about 20,000 people cheering and singing that gets me going.
Bob played Tangled up in Blue, which is an alltime classic but which I don't think I've heard too many times.
He also played Harmonica on about 5 songs which is always the highlight of the show. People forget what an amazing harmonica player Bob is.

It's not really the kind of show to get up and dance at, but is still a great time because of the songs, the music, and because it's Bob. It was funny though that he has this introduction that plays (I've heard before at other shows) that talks about a brief synopsis of his career and finishes by saying that after being written off he's createds some of his best material of his career recently. It's true, but funny to have that in your introduction at the concert.

In honour of T.D.A.B. (the day after bob) I've listed my top 5 Dylan songs and top 5 albums. How about favorite lyrics too!
Now far be it from me to jeopardize the Recording industry of America (canada), but if you don't have these albums or songs go onto iTunes (or limewire) and check them out. All classics, sure not to disapoint.


Albums- Buy these!!

1) Blood on the Tracks

2) Time out of Mind

3) Desire

4) Slow Train Coming

5) Bootleg Series Vol.5 1975

Lyrics (most favorite lyrics come from favorite songs)
1) Isis- "Thinking about Diamonds and the world's biggest necklace"
2) Love Minus Zero/No Limit "There's no success like failure, and failure's no success at all"
3) A hard rain's gonna fall "I met a man who was wounded in love, I met another man who was wounded in hatred"
4) Tangled Up In Blue "I must admit I felt a little uneasy when she bent down to tie the laces on my shoes...Tangled up in Blue"
5) when you gonna wake up "Got unrightous doctors dealin drugs that'll never cure your ills"
6) License to Kill "They bury him with stars, sell his body like they do used cars"
7) Don't think twice it's alright "Well I wish there was something I could do or say to make you change your mind and stay, but we never did too much talking anyway, so don't think twice it's alright.

There are an almost infinate number of amazing Dylan songs & lyrics so share some of your faves, and let me know if you'd like more recommendations. Otherwise I'd be here typing all day.

2 Comments:

  • I saw Bob Dylan and the Band in concert. One of the best concerts evah. Glad you had fun!

    By Blogger Blog, at 11:31 PM  

  • Ahhh, Bob Dylan...

    Sings like he has marbles in his mouth and sounds like our neighbour's 2 year old.

    My memories of Bob, from an early age, is wondering who buys his albums. Well, I just found out. You do, and Haley does. LOL.

    Murlgegeke, hgeegegsvrgs.

    (That was Dylan singing Wheels on the Bus).

    By Blogger Urban Daddy, at 11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home